As we bid farewell to winter's chill, there's an unmistakable sense of anticipation in the air. Spring, with its gentle zephyrs, blossoming flora, and the sun's radiant warmth, is a season that stirs the soul and fuels our creative spirit.
At La Sierra, we believe in embracing the boundless beauty and fresh possibilities that Spring brings. It's a time when nature itself bursts into a symphony of colours, and we rediscover joy in the simplest pleasures – from the melodious symphony of birdsong to the enchanting fragrance of freshly bloomed flowers.
In this blog post, we invite you to embark on a journey of Spring inspiration. Here, we've curated a collection of ideas and tips that will infuse your life with the essence of this delightful season.
Whether you're drawn to experimenting with a delectable spring recipe, exploring ways to declutter your life, or simply getting back out into nature and enjoying the vivid colour palette that defines spring, you'll find something here to elevate your spring experience.
Whip Up Spring Magic with This Delightful Creation
Snap to It: Warm Sugar Snap Pea Salad Delight
Spring brings a bounty of vibrant green produce, and among the highlights are the delightful varieties of peas that come into season – from tender shelling peas to crisp sugar snap peas and delicate snow peas. We have a deep appreciation for each of them because they all share an exquisite flavor profile during this time of year, making them not only delicious but also fantastic plant-based sources of both fiber and protein.
1 cup sliced radish
550 grams snap peas
¼ cup parmesan (or if you’re like me, add more because you can never have enough parmesan)
½ bunch mint
1 garlic clove
Juice from 1 lemon
3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Black pepper + salt to taste
- Combine the radishes, peas, and mint in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare a garlic paste using either a knife or a mortar and pestle.
- Transfer the garlic paste to a small bowl, then add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Vigorously mix the ingredients in the small bowl, incorporating pepper to your desired taste.
- Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad, and adjust the seasoning with additional salt or pepper, if necessary.
Take on the Spring Cleaning Challenge: 5 of Our Top Tips
Spring is here, and it's the perfect time to refresh more than just your home. Here are our 5 recommendations for other areas of your life that may need a declutter!
Our founder, Sophie, wearing our beloved Maha Jumper. Finding solace by a serene Swiss lakeside, where she immerses herself in mindfulness to clear the mental clutter and embrace a day of clarity and focus.
1. Digital Declutter
Take charge of your digital space by unsubscribing from superfluous emails and decluttering your apps. Revaluate your social media connections, unfollowing those that no longer resonate with your values. These actions will significantly minimize digital distractions and promote enhanced focus throughout your day. For those seeking an extra challenge, consider silencing all notifications to reclaim your phone from constant interruptions – a change that's been remarkably beneficial for me recently.
2. Wardrobe: A sustainable wardrobe is both stylish and kind to the planet. Revamp your closet by donating gently used clothing, then invest in quality, eco-conscious pieces that align with your values – it's a fashionable way to support ethical fashion in Australia. Alpaca knitwear is a great choice for spring because it is lightweight, soft, and breathable! Keeping you feeling fresh all season long.
3. Finances: Examine your monthly spending closely and eliminate unnecessary expenses, such as unused subscriptions, to free up funds for more sustainable choices. Review your investments to ensure they align with your ethical values and consider reallocating funds to support causes or brands you believe in, benefiting both your financial management and the planet.
3. Mind and Mental Health: Spring is the perfect time to nurture your mental well-being. Practice mindfulness with outdoor meditation, bare foot grass walking, or consider some journaling first thing in the morning to help empty out your mind and start the day feeling fresh, clear and at peace.
4. Your Habits: Reflect on whether your habits align with the person you aspire to be this Spring. Conduct a habit inventory by documenting your daily routines – mark a green tick next to those supporting your goals and a red cross next to those that hinder progress. This visual assessment empowered me to pinpoint areas for improvement and create a proactive plan for integrating new, purposeful habits into my life.
Remember small changes can create a big impact in your life and your future you will thank you!
Outdoor Springtime Fun for All Ages
Spring is a time for new renewal, so let's renew our sense of adventure and get outside and play.
Have a picnic in a new place. This is a great way to experience the beauty of springtime in a new way. Pack a lunch and find a spot in the park, at the beach, or in the woods.
Pressed Flower Art: Go for a walk around your favourite park or if you're feeling adventurous, you can go for a hike in a forest. Collect some flowers you find along the way for pressing.
*No matter where you go, be sure to only pick flowers that are in full bloom and that have not been sprayed with pesticides. Also, be sure to leave enough flowers behind so that the plants can continue to grow.
- Gather your supplies and press the flowers between wax paper and a heavy book for 2 weeks.
- Peel off the wax paper and frame your pressed flowers to put around the home.
Go camping: Spring is a great time to go camping, as the weather is starting to warm up and the days are getting longer. You can explore your local area or get out of town and find a new camping spot.
If you're looking for a beautiful and challenging camping spot in Victoria, I recommend Wilsons Promontory National Park. This park is home to a variety of landscapes, including beaches, forests, and mountains. There are also plenty of opportunities for hiking, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
Sophie exploring Wilsons Prom last Spring!
As the weather warms up and the days get longer, it's the perfect time to embrace the fresh possibilities of spring. Whether you're looking to cook some lighter, refreshing meals, declutter your wardrobe, refresh your home decor, declutter your life, or stay warm in style with our lightweight and sustainable alpaca knitwear, we hope you'll find some inspiration in this blog post.