We are very excited to be able to share this news with you all!
I didn’t know it was possible for me to fall in love with Alpaca even more, but we recently have found a premium niche bedding range of ALPACA QUILTS. Made by Kelly and Windsor, who are true leaders in their field, they are produced right here in Melbourne, Australia. These are the most perfectly luxurious quilts of the highest quality and La Sierra is honoured now to be stocking this range of amazing Alpaca quilts!
For a while now, I have been sleeping with the Alpaca Gold All Seasons Quilt (more info later), and I now have the absolute BEST nights of sleep. It’s super lightweight and keeps me nice and cosy, without the overheating I sometimes experienced with my old doona. This quilt is the perfect Winter weight for me and makes it even more enjoyable to go to bed at night, but unfortunately even harder to get up in the mornings.
Alpaca fibre makes the perfect filling for Quilts
- The unique properties of Alpaca fleece make it the perfect material to use for the filling of the best quilts.
- It’s very durable and has a long life span because of its high tensile strength.
- The fibre can absorb moisture, so can keep you warm and dry in Winter and cool and dry in Summer.
- The fibre is a biodegradable, environmentally friendly material.
- Hypoallergenic and free from lanolin, Alpaca fibre processing does not require chemical scouring to clean the fibre.
- It is also naturally flame retardant.
- For the same weight, Alpaca fleece is 25% warmer than sheep’s wool, so you can have a lighter weight Alpaca Quilt to achieve the same warmth as one made from wool.
What are the benefits of having an Alpaca Quilt?
- Phenomenal thermal performance! Alpaca is a hollow-core fibre that traps pocket of air, making it very insulating and breathable, keeping you warmer in Winter and cooler in Summer.
- This means you don’t need a heavy quilt to be warm and comfy! These quilts have a great warmth to weight ratio.